Re: simplicity vs. efficiency of algorithms in GSL

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 21:37 +0300, Tuomo Keskitalo wrote:

> I, too, would very much like to see a good interface for linear algebra!

It may be too soon to have a party, but I'm excited about the
following, which was just brought to my attention. The ten-year
wait may soon be over.

  http://icl.cs.utk.edu/~delmas/lapwrapc.html

It's a draft standard for a C LAPACK interface.

Apparently the LAPACK group is working with Intel to create a final
version of the standard. It may be done early next year. Perhaps it's
time to start thinking seriously about this.

--
G. Jungman