OpenMP GSL

Hi,

I was wondering whether there are any plans for the parallelization of GSL?

For example, I found this article on "Parallelization of GSL: Architecture, Interfaces, and Programming Models" form 2004:
https://commerce.metapress.com/content/jtp50vjc1e3gwane/resource-secured/?target=fulltext.pdf&sid=medqeqrui2yyng45okahx345&sh=www.springerlink.com

I also found a message by Brian Gough from 2002 stating that it would not fit the design of GSL (Message-ID: <15656.48877.30970.694792@debian>).

Would there be any objections if one started to a few include OpenMP directives in the code? They would not at all interfere with normal usage of GSL in single-threaded calculations. If they should even be optional for the use of GSL in OpenMP calculations, they could be flagged by a run-time or compile-time (preferred for performance) switch.

Thoughts?

Greetings,
Jochen
        Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll