Re: hosting binary packages

On 13 March 2006 at 15:30, Stefan Gerlach wrote:
| You are right. Most distributions including gsl. But the versions are not
| updated. I see no major distribution which includes gsl 1.7. (SUSE 10.0,
| Fedora Core 4 and Mandriva 2006 use gsl-1.6).

Debian has had GSL packages since August 1998.  I have maintained them since
November 1999 and always provide current packages, often within a day of the
GSL release itself.  To take but the most recent example, gsl_1.7-1 was
uploaded on September 15, 2005, whereas the upstream tarball has files dates
September 14, 2005. See http://changelogs.debian.net/gsl for details.

And by providing Debian package, gsl also makes it into Ubuntu, Knoppix, and
other derivatives as e.g. my Quantian project.

Cheers, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison