Re: release candidate 1.6

Ivo Alxneit writes:
 > in addidition to my previous post i just noticed that
 > - the documentation is not being build by the main Makefile.
 >   (is this intended?)

Correct.  The info documentation is preshipped, so that the user does
not require the makeinfo tools. And make dvi is not used by default,
since the end-user may not have tex installed.

 > - running make ps in the doc directory runs without problems but page 322 of
 >   gsl-ref.ps is broken. it looks to me as if the two eps files dwt-orig.eps
 >   and dwt-samp.eps are broken (they do not display with gv-3.5.8 /
 >   ghostscript- 7.07). i found that they contain lots of /.notdef's.

This may be a problem if many people are using those.
Personally I can view the file with Ghostscript 6.53 and 8.01.
I made the file with GNU plotutils--it only has one "Postscript" option.
The output claims to be "%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0"
Maybe GNU plotutils needs an option to produce the plainest possible
postscript for greater compatibility.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd,