Re: Framework for filtering?

Joakim Hove writes:
 > are there any plans for a general framework for filters in gsl?
 >
 > I am currently implementing: Savitzky-Golay filters to evaulate
 > derivatives of noisy data, but probably much of the filter-code could
 > be generalized.

Joakim,

I'm not aware of anyone working on filters.

I've been thinking about the general problem of additions/extensions
to GSL as it is not feasible for me to review them to the standard I
would like.  For future extensions I think we have to adopt a package
approach, similar to Perl CPAN, etc. I'm writing a new section for the
design document about it, with an example package that can be used as
a template.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

--
Brian Gough