Re: LAPACK vs. GSL matrix algebra

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 12:06:03PM -0600, Gerard Jungman was heard to remark:
> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 10:35, kaska@yatsen.cas.McMaster.CA wrote:
> > you can easily access the fortran routines from C.

Indeed.  The hardest part was reading the lapack doco's
and creating  the C prototype for the needed routine.

The other hard part was figuring out the libraries to link to:

.o:
   cc -o $@ $< -llapack -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c -lm

.c.o:
   cc -g -O2 -c $<

> GSL should provide an interface to these routines,
> the way it does for BLAS. We thought about it years

Yes, it should.  The C prorotype for fortran routines
is kind-of ugly.

Did you auto-gen the cblas code and/or headers, or
are these hand-written?

--linas