Re: LAPACK vs. GSL matrix algebra

Linas,

You don't have to remember how to code in Fortran to use LAPACK.

BLAS and LAPACK are available for most platforms these days.  If you
use BLAS and LAPACK, you can always use the free versions from Netlib.
When you need speed, you can switch to optimized versions of BLAS and
LAPACK.  High performance implementations of these libraries can
deliver very significant speedup.  We have seen improvements of
hundreds to thousands of percents depending on the routine and
architecture, compared to hardware vendors' code!

Kenneth Tan
C. J. Kenneth Tan, Ph.D.
OptimaNumerics Ltd.
E-mail: cjtan@OptimaNumerics.com      Telephone: +44 798 941 7838
Web: http://www.OptimaNumerics.com    Facsimile: +44 289 066 3015
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and privileged.  It
is intended only for the addressee(s) stated above.  If you are not an
addressee, please accept my apologies and please do not use,
disseminate, disclose, copy, publish or distribute information in this
e-mail nor take any action through knowledge of its contents: to do so
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please inform me that
this e-mail has gone astray, and delete this e-mail from your system.
Thank you for your co-operation.