Mathieu functions ready for alpha testing

Hello all,

Mathieu function routines have been committed on the mathieu-1-4 CVS branch
under the specfunc directory.  They presently handle the angular functions
and the radial functions of type 1, integer order and real arguments only.
These limitations are based in part on the current lack of support for
complex arguments in the GSL Bessel and Hankel function routines.  Also the
highest order is currently limited to 100.  I haven't spent much time testing
the argument limits.

I've not been successful at gathering documented high precision solutions for
comparisons, so I've set the test cases to assume that my answers are correct
in hopes that others will help confirm or correct these results.

I would appreciate the assistance of anyone interested in testing the routines
as much as possible.  If anyone has improvements to suggest, code patches are
also welcome.

Best regards,

    Lowell