Design Question

I am writing some complex number functions that I would like to contribute
to the GSL when they are complete.  They make use of functions like logb,
scalbn and log1p.  These functions are not included in the ansi standard,
however based on the following excerpt from the GSL Design Document I
think I should assume them:

"In this case, it is best to write code in terms of these native functions
to take advantage of the vendor-supplied system library (for example log1p
is a machine instruction on the Intel x86). The library also provides
portable implementations e.g. gsl_hypot which are used as an automatic
fall back via autoconf when necessary. See the usage of hypot in
`gsl/complex/math.c', the implementation of gsl_hypot and the
corresponding parts of files `configure.in' and `config.h.in' as an
example."

Is this the approach that would lead my code to being the most happily
integrated with the GSL?  Does this mean I shouldn't be using the -ansi
flag when testing my code?

Thanks,
Andrew Binkley