Re: Macro works OK, but aclocal says "macro `AM_PATH_GSL' notfoundinlibrary"

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> > Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > > Where does the macro "live"?
> > > If you've put it in a file in a subdirectory (e.g. m4/gsl.m4) you should
> > > add the proper -I option to aclocal:
> > > $ aclocal -Im4
> > > so aclocal will search in that directory for the missing macros.
> > The macros are in the top-level directory where configure.ac lives, so
> > I'm surprised this is necessary.
> >
> > After making several changes along the lines of those suggested by
> > everyone here, I now have a configure.ac that creates a configure
> > script, without producting any error messages!! It also runs without any
> > error messages!! But alas my problems are not over, as the Makefile
> > exits with the error message
> What error message would that be? I'd be (very) surprised if your macro
> call just got copied to the Makefile, so I'd WAG that there's a new error
> here :)
>
> Please post the exact error message given by make.
Sorry, I have finally got it working. I changed so many things, so
many times that I lost track of what exactly the error message was.
Anyway, I seem at last to have configure.ac and Makefile.am that is
allowing for the compilation of normal and multi-threaded code
properly. I have some issues with code configured for distributed
processors, but that is another story. I'll post those issues once I
have tried some more to resolve them.

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,