Re: Guile bindings for GSL and LAPACK

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 04:53:25PM +0200, Arno Peters wrote:

> > Hm. BTW, why can't we produce Python bindings using swig? If I
> > understand right, pygsl is being written by hands?

> be rewritten to the Python interface.  However, anybody is free to use
> my work as a basis to produce bindings for Python.  Provided of course
> they adhere to the boundaries set forth in the GNU GPL.

Actually, I've never had any experience with swig. I've just noticed that
your bindings are fairly complete, while pygsl's are not. So, I made
an assumption that it's easier to use swig to produce bindings.
Perhaps, pygsl people might have some arguments against swig..
If they haven't, I might have a look at this process -- since I'm pretty
interested in python/gsl integration (but not ready to hand-write all
of the wrappers :).

--
Regards, Wartan.
"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."