Re: A funny error when compiling the gsl-1.2 candidate

> Marek Kobera wrote:
> > 	Hello all!
> > I would not like to bother with a newbies' kind of question, but let me
> > ask
> > you about the cause of this error message, when doing make:
> > make[2]: *** Warning: File `diff/libgsldiff.la' has modification time in the fut
> > ure (2002-07-10 22:32:23.802911 > 2002-07-10 22:32:10.498715303)
> > make[2]: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.
> > We have got recently a new installation of SunOS 5.9:
> > SunOS 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
> > and gcc's version is 3.1.
> > 	Thanks in advance,
> > 		Marek Kobera
> >

> That is a warning, not an error, I don't
> think it is something to worry about. You can
> maybe fix it by touching all the files:
>
>    find . -type f -exec touch {} \;

	Dear Nicolas and Trevor,
thanks for your responses. I have realized that it is really the case with
the NFS server. However what I find interesting is that this warning shows
up by one file only, and that "Your build may be incomplete"-warning may
be true, since I have tried to 'make check' and received two specific
errors. Then I tried to build everything from the scratch again, used the
touch command form supposed by Trevor and made check once again. This, I
am afraid, does
not work. The error message is
Makefile.am: required file `./depcomp' not found
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

which occurs just after
cd . && aclocal
cd . && automake --gnu --include-deps Makefile

What should I be doing now? Should I 'make something', so that I build the
depcomp file or make check once again?
I would really like to compile GSL on this machine and not on the NFS
server for a couple of reasons.
	Hopefully you help me once again.
		Sincerely,
			Marek Kobera