Running Complex test in VC++ Win32 Release mode

Hi:

I downloaded GSL1.0 win32 library and installed it into my machine
(Windows 2000 Professional). I have VC++ 6.0. First, I ran open the "GSL
test" workspace and compile it in Debug mode. Everything seems fine and
all compiled test program passed.

Then, I  changed the compile option to 'Win32 Release" and trouble
began. I found out that I can compile all programs except
the test for complex functions. When I compiled it, it took more than 5
minutes at link stage (compile stage is ok), and I have trouble of
running the test_complexe.exe. It hangs there. When I traced the compile
option, I found that it is the option "link incrementally". In Debug
mode, it is Yes, and in Release mode, it is No.

I also noticed that when VC++ is in link stage, my Windows Explore will
get locked if I browse the directory where the "test_complexe.exe" is
going to stay.

When I check the test.c file in "complexe" directory, I noticed the
include file "results.h" is huge, then I commented about 1/5 of code
(since this file only defines some data) and there is no problem at all.
The test.c has two "while" loops and one "for" loop. If I comment any of
these loops, I can also compile and run the test application normally.

What's wrong here? Very strange.

Xinyang