Re: fprintf(stderr,...) output in GSL routines (gsl_rng_env_setup)

Peter Teuben writes:
 > yes, I understood that also from the example, but i actually like
 > the idea of the user giving control of the random number
 > generator. So in the code the user can supply
 > 	seed=0,ran3 where they are both optional. The method of
 > assigning to gsl_rng_default_type would require me to manually
 > build a large list of (to me officially unknown) names, whereas the
 > putenv() method has the nice side-effect that if you say

Ok, I see.  There is an undocumented function gsl_rng_types_setup()
that will give you a list of all valid generators.  Look in
rng/default.c to see how it is used in gsl_rng_env_setup.

I have to document that, and add a function for registering new
generator types.