Re: make check: compile failure

Hans Ekkehard Plesser writes:
 > I just downloaded (via CVS) the GSL and compiled it fine (gcc 2.95.3, SuSE
 > Linux 7.2).
 > On running make check, many tests passed fine (producing ca 600kB
 > log-output), before I got the error message appended below.

Thanks for the bug report.  I've fixed the acconfig.h file and the
macro DISCARD_POINTER should now be correctly defined if you do
cvs update and make.

 > Two more little things: 1. when clicking on the
 > "sources.redhat.com:/pub/gsl/" on "sources.redhat.com/gsl", one is asked for > a password.  This link seems no longer open to the public.

Right.. the site has probably reached its maximum connections.  When
logging in by command-line ftp there is a message about this, but
browsers usually don't show the message.  I think I will change the
webpage to point to the mirror ftp site list as it is happening more
frequently as the site gets busier.

 > 2. The README points to alpha.gnu.org/gnu, but there I found only very old
 > versions (<= 0.5).

I'll clean up the README file.

regards
Brian Gough