Re: GPL or LGPL

My 1cent as a fellow scientist. Free software development, in an academic
setting, should contribute to count of published papers. The problem is
that academics have abandoned the advancement of the state of the art
of computing to corporations. We should be in the process of reclaiming it
back from them. GSL is one small effort in doing that.

The attitude "software is our tool, not our real work" has been and
will be our self-inflicted curse. If we don't do it, no-one else will do it
right; especially corporations.

Personally, my original thesis topic has given me misery, unhappiness,
and RSI, so I have switched to purely theoretical work. :|

Elef.