Re: suggest to add 'heapsort'.

Brian Gough writes:
 > Thanks. A heapsort would be useful as an alternative to qsort(). If
 > you put the source somewhere and send the url to the list then we can
 > download it from there. GSL uses size_t for indices, unsigned.

Would mergesort also be an alternative? It seems to be the only stable
O(n * log n ) sorting algorithm, though space intensive in turn.
Would it also be useful to consider container structures different
from static C arrays, such as lists or btrees? There are some
good GPL compatible libraries for container data structures now,
such as avltree, glib or libretto, which could be borrowed from.

Klaus Schilling