list to close?

I'm inclined to close down this list.

It was originally set up as a forum for discussing issues associated
with the move from libc5 to glibc, and with updating glibc at a time
when that could be problematic.  Thanks largely to Andreas Jaeger's
willingness to answer questions clearly at and length, it was a very
useful resource.

I think its moment has passed.  Nowadays, thanks to the developers,
glibc is both mature and easy to update.  In several months now, I
haven't seen any traffic on the list that could not have been better
posted elsewhere -- e.g. in programmer forums or distro-specific
newsgroups.

Therefore, if I don't hear much in the way of protest, I plan to close
the list down.  I will leave the archive available because there is
some useful material in there.

Thanks to everyone for their participation.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics