glibc 2.2.3 and StarOffice

I wonder if there's a known issue with this combination?  I gather
that SO has made use of glibc internals in the past, and that this has
caused problems.  Anyway, I find that attempting to install SO 5.2
freezes my system up hard (power-off required); this is with glibc
2.2.3 and linux kernel 2.4.6.  I also tried the current SO 6.0
snapshot and it was the same story -- the installer crashed my system.
If anyone has this combination working OK, I'd be interested to hear
about it.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics