Re: version woes

>  > Hello all,
>
>  >   I hope I'm not asking an already addressed question, but I couldn't find
>  > symptoms of my problem anywhere in the archives.
>
>  >   My problem is this: I will be slogged into my computer, happily twiddling
>  > away in bash, when all of a sudden, every time I try to run a command, I
>  > get something like this:
> Read the FAQ, especially 3.18:
> 3.18.   After upgrading to glibc 2.1, I receive errors about
>         unresolved symbols, like `_dl_initial_searchlist' and can not
>         execute any binaries.  What went wrong?

  Actually, I've gotten that problem before, and this is not the same thing.
I think the one you're talking about came from having the wrong version of
the linker, and would thus always happen. This only occurs spuriously, on
commands that worked mere moments ago and that work again later, just not at
the moment that I get the error.

Do you have any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.