Re: getpeername on LinuxPPC (APUS)

Thanks very much for you replies.  I found the problem.  I found that ftp and
telenet was not configured in my inetd.conf file.  Fixing that made the
problem go away.  Anyway the hints from kind folks on the glibc-linux list
pointed me in the right direction.

I feel pretty ignorant.

Fred

    > I've compiled glibc-2.1.1 and am using it on a LinuxPPC APUS
    > (LinuxPPC on Amiga PowerUP).  I've been using binutils-2.9.1.0.25 and
    > egcs-1.1.2.  It appears to me that the full getpeername  function is not
    > being included in the built libraries.  It seems that  possibly only a
    > stub functions is there.  How can I tell?

    > I'm trying to compile netkit-telenet-0.12 and it gives an error when run.
    > "getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket.
    > In the code the line is:
    > if(getpeername(0,(struct sockaddr *)&from, &fromlen)<0) {
    >     perror("getpeername");

   Read the manpage or the glibc manual for getpeername.  The error
   (ENOTSOCK) is documented.

   Andreas
   --
    Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de