error compiling glibc 2.0.6

Hey there,

    Whilst again attempting to install glibc v2.0.6, using all of the
    required packages with gcc 2.7.2.1 on a i586-linux-gnu host
    I find that the testing fails with a rather weird:

    "Cannot find user entry for UID 0"

    Apart from that everything else appears to work all right.
    I realize that this is a rather dated glibc; however, I'd
    appreciate any suggestions or solutions which would remedy
    or shed some light on this situation.

                                                            Thanks -- Matt

    BTW -- Much thanks to the everyone out there for their patience
    & help in the past.