This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: JIT debugging (Attach and speed)
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yichao Yu <yyc1992 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:31:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: JIT debugging (Attach and speed)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMvDr+TKDYeECiUK7Kz7TGSRF826Vq24z_=CPQXz1vyxmMUm_w at mail dot gmail dot com> <56F168D7 dot 9050405 at redhat dot com> <56F16F8F dot 9050404 at redhat dot com> <CAMvDr+TRSF16fKnnb9tWD4Xctek31Sdgx2m1ct=UctXL_b9vuA at mail dot gmail dot com> <56F1759F dot 3070100 at redhat dot com> <CAMvDr+QcMrHk6y7hGr1NaijEXK=dH+J0CGJZs6m_Rk2D2oSm-g at mail dot gmail dot com> <56F17A23 dot 90909 at redhat dot com> <CAMvDr+ST=4a11-B=ymUQDRdOCZmVUgdfkhFbUDknvjkaGjtGWw at mail dot gmail dot com> <56F28B17 dot 4060508 at redhat dot com>
On 03/23/2016 12:24 PM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 03/23/2016 02:18 AM, Yichao Yu wrote:
It'd be very nice if we had a _new_ test that covers your use case,
to avoid regressing again. That likely makes the patch bigger than
what we could accept without a copyright assignment though. If you'd
like to pursue that, let me know and I'll send you the forms.
I've got a simple patch that fixes the issue for me and AFAICT all of
the failing tests are racy and/or failing on this machine before the
change too. I haven't add test yet since I'm not so sure how to add it
(I found test for both jit interface and attach but haven't figured
out how to write a new one yet...).
Excellent, this helps a lot.
I have an idea for the test, so I'll handle it. Let me bundle
things in a proper patch and post it to gdb-patches. Stay tuned.