Re: JIT debugging (Attach and speed)

On 03/23/2016 12:24 PM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 03/23/2016 02:18 AM, Yichao Yu wrote:

It'd be very nice if we had a _new_ test that covers your use case,
to avoid regressing again.  That likely makes the patch bigger than
what we could accept without a copyright assignment though.  If you'd
like to pursue that, let me know and I'll send you the forms.

I've got a simple patch that fixes the issue for me and AFAICT all of
the failing tests are racy and/or failing on this machine before the
change too. I haven't add test yet since I'm not so sure how to add it
(I found test for both jit interface and attach but haven't figured
out how to write a new one yet...).

Excellent, this helps a lot.

I have an idea for the test, so I'll handle it.  Let me bundle
things in a proper patch and post it to gdb-patches.  Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves