This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
gdbserver - manually modify Makefile
- From: Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 23:50:16 +0300
- Subject: gdbserver - manually modify Makefile
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've cross compile gdbserver according to wiki in:
ubuntu@ubuntu-laptop:~/gdb-7.9.1/gdb/gdbserver$ sudo ./configure
But on doing :
I've noticed that it uses the host gcc instead of the cross-compiler gcc.
Only after manually modifying the Makefie with
CC = powerpc-buildroot-linux-gnu-gcc
CC = gcc
It was cross compiling as expected.
Can anyone help me understand what was wrong doing in the above steps?
Since this didn't work as expected I'm afraid that maybe the gdb as I
compiled might also required some manually modifications which I am
not aware of.
These are the steps for gdb build:
ubuntu@ubuntu-laptop:~/gdb-7.9.1/$ sudo ./configure
Thank you for your assistance,