This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: question about ARM watchpoints
- From: Gareth McMullin <gareth at blacksphere dot co dot nz>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 10:36:58 +1200
- Subject: Re: question about ARM watchpoints
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140901085743 dot GG4981 at adacore dot com>
On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 8:57 PM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
> Everything works pretty well, except that we noticed that GDB stops
> 2 instructions after the variable update, rather than at the next
I get the same behaviour on the Black Magic Probe on ARMv7-M.
The DWT halts the core on the instruction after the address match.
> The question then becomes: Is QEMU behaving correctly, in which
> case we should be modifying GDB, or is QEMU signaling GDB too
> late, in which case we should be fixing QEMU?
What QEMU is doing is the same as the hardware DWT block, so I'd
say this is the correct behaviour. The fix should be in GDB. Working
around this in QEMU would leave all hardware based implementations
Black Sphere Technologies Ltd.
Mobile: +64 27 777 2182
Tel: +64 9 478 8885