This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Regression? Can no longer restart inferior with record-replay
- From: Marc Khouzam <marc dot khouzam at ericsson dot com>
- To: "''gdb at sourceware dot org' (gdb at sourceware dot org)'" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 19:39:31 +0000
- Subject: Regression? Can no longer restart inferior with record-replay
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
It is no longer possible to restart the inferior when RecordReplay is enabled.
See below for a session. The change was introduced in commit:
b3ccfe11d3b0fc84f8ccd4e4fa25b75d1dc71cfc "fix regressions with target-async"
It is both in the 7.8 branch and master but not in 7.7.1.
Am I right to think this is a regression or was this a conscious decision?
> ./gdb/gdb ~/testing/loopfirst
GNU gdb (GDB) 184.108.40.20640312-cvs
Reading symbols from /home/lmckhou/testing/loopfirst...done.
Temporary breakpoint 1 at 0x40054c: file loopfirst.cc, line 5.
Starting program: /home/lmckhou/testing/loopfirst
Temporary breakpoint 1, main () at loopfirst.cc:5
5 int max = 900;
The "record-full" target does not support "run". Try "help target" or "continue".