Re: patchwork.sourceware.org is live!

On 26 May 2014 12:36, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> wrote:
> A patch that is merged, should have "Accepted", correct? so, patches
> that are already committed should be changed to have this...
>
> If i just comment on a patch with a "Looks fine", should I say "Under
> Review" - and then the submitter sets this to "Accepted"?

'Under Review' is a transitional state for a reviewer to 'take' a
patch off the queue for review.

We don't differentiate between review completion and commit; I guess
we should since the reviewer is not always responsible for commiting
the change.  May I add an additional status 'Committed' to indicate
this?  That way a reviewer sets 'Accepted' when the patch looks good
and the committer changes state to 'Committed' when the change is in
git.  If the reviewer commits the change herself (i.e. when the
submitter does not have commit access), the former may set status to
'Committed' directly.

Thoughts?

Siddhesh
--