GDB on ARM

Hi,

I am trying to use Valgrind on ARM target. The Valgrind intrenally
supports GDB. To connect to the Valgrind-GDB (i.e, gdbserver) i need
the GDB (host) also to run on arm target. i.e GDB and GDServer both
built with host=arm-linux-gnueabi.

I downloaded latest GDB7.7 and able to build gdbserver, but during
building GDB with host=arm-linux-gnueabi I got the below error. I
searched all over and found that to install libncurses package. I did
that but it didn't work.

My system:
Build-host: Ubuntu-Lucid (10.04) on Virtual-machine with
arm-linux-gnueabi tool chain
Target: ARM OMAP

checking for library containing gethostbyname... none required
checking for library containing socketpair... none required
checking for library containing zlibVersion... no
checking for library containing dlgetmodinfo... no
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration... install-shextern size_t iconv
(iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf,
size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for library containing waddstr... no
configure: WARNING: no enhanced curses library found; disabling TUI
checking for library containing tgetent... no
configure: error: no termcap library found
make[1]: *** [configure-gdb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory

user@ubu::build-gdb $ locate libncurses.a
/usr/lib/libncurses.a