Re: Bugzilla spring cleaning

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 19:11:41 +0100, Doug Evans wrote:
> 1) Remove old entries from the "Versions" list.
> 1b) IWBN to reverse-sort the Versions list.

As said on IRC at least Fedora Bugzilla has the list of all (incl. old)
versions present everywhere except when filing new Bugs.

That has IMO all pros and no cons being discussed.

n+1) Components list is suspicious.  It is not used to assign bugs to specific
people so it is questionable if it should exist at all.  binutils has just
"binutils" there (and "ld", "gas", but even "bfd" is not an extra item).

Otherwise there should be many more Components, at least one for each arch and
also one for each OS (such as "linux"). There is also missing "readline",
"dwarf", "stabs", "libiberty" and some others.

I do not think it matters much, just when Doug brought up the topic.

Jan