Re: [GDB Wiki] Add editor privilege control

On 2/13/14 7:07 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to protect our wiki from spammers who regularly use it
> for their own purposes by adding read,write,delete,revert privileges
> to only known members of the GDB community. The model I'd like
> to follow is the model used in the GDB Wiki. See:
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/EditorGroup
>
> The idea is that we start with a list of people who are allowed
> to edit. If anyone who's a legitimate contributor wants to edit
> the wiki as well, one of the users already in the group simply adds
> their name to the list.

I considered that a while back, when learning enough about MoinMoin
to suck in the old internals manual, but decided against it; we
don't have very many spammers to begin with, and the antispam
subsystem forestalls most of those, with the net effect that we've
had to do only two manual reverts in the past three months.

If we were getting multiple spams per day, limiting to registered
members would make sense, but right now it doesn't seem necessary.

Stan
stan@codesourcery.com