RE: 'g' packet reply is too long error when target changes number of registers

Hi,

See my comments inline.

Thanks,
Alex

[Alex Sărdan] In our case "target remote" doesn't start the debug session,
it only connects to the probe. To start debugging we issue some monitor
commands in order to configure the probe.
Is there any other way to recompute the description without disconnect?
When using GDB with Eclipse DSF, issuing a disconnect terminates the DSF
session.

> > This causes rsa->sizeof_g_packet to be reduced.
> >
> > After configuration, the probe will send all the register information
> of the
> > target. This causes the 'g'packet reply error because now, more
> registers
> > are being sent.
>

> > Why is rsa->sizeof_g_packet shrunk when a smaller packet is received.
>
>   /* If this is smaller than we guessed the 'g' packet would be,
>      update our records.  A 'g' reply that doesn't include a register's
>      value implies either that the register is not available, or that
>      the 'p' packet must be used.  */
>   if (buf_len < 2 * rsa->sizeof_g_packet)
>     {
>
> If we don't shrink it, then we'd send too much when writing
> registers, for example, I think?

[Alex Sărdan] Shouldn't this check be handled in the server, since I'm loading
up an XML with the (presumably) correct hardware description?