Re: semantics of dynamic varobj

On 11/23/2013 12:37 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
I no longer have the full context, but these varobjs are also
only enabled when the client requests them (a new option
to -var-create, IIRC).  That is, a regular varobj will include both
unavailable and available fields, with unavailable fields listed as
"value=<unavailable>".  For those, which fields are listed
can be determined "statically", as usual, from the debug info.  While
this new varobj lists only the available fields, skipping the
unavailable ones.

The option is "--available-children-only".  I'll post the patches soon.

(*) - Yao, as usual, the whole rationale for that should be
in CS's internal archives.

Yes, I've got the mail in the archives.

--
Yao (éå)