Fwd: Feature Request

From: Mark Manning <mark4th@gmail.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2013 21:15:12 GMT+01:00
To: Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe@elis.ugent.be>
Subject: Re: Feature Request

yes. for example i just performed the following steps

1: strip my executable
2: gdb the stripped executable
3: set breakpoint at a known location thatn when single stepped will
jump to code that was written in during execution prior to hitting the
breakpoint
4: single step one opcode.  This results in "Can not access address 0".
5: disp /3i $pc.  this shows the program counter at the expected code
6: stepi.  this gives "can not find bounds of current function" and
displaying a disassembly from the program counter shows that nothing
was executed.

--
"When something can be read without effort,
great effort has gone into its writing."

-- Enrique Jardiel Poncela --