Does gdb support an alternative ELF binary interpreter?

I am loading ELF binaries having debug information using an alternative loader/interpreter. gdb doesn't get debug info from them because no event of type bp_shlib_event is generated for them. Looking through the code I see that system binary interpreters usually have debugger support. There is, for ex, symbol _dl_debug_addr in interpreter, which contains the value of r_brk, using which gdb can generate bp_shlib_event. But _dl_debug_addr is looked up in the (single) base executable. So there is no obvious way to have multiple entries like this.

Does gdb support an alternative interpreter? For example, there could be an option "bin-interps", and then gdb could set shlib_event_breakpoint there as well.
Or maybe such situation is supported in some way?

Yuri