Re: Reverse debugging for arm baremetal targets?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Hui Zhu <teawater@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Terry Guo <flameroc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Is this feature enabled for arm baremetal targets? If not, is it
>> possible to do so and what kind of problems we need to solve to
>> achieve this? Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Terry
>
> If just for reverse debug, I think it is not depend on the arch.  So I
> think it is OK for ARM.
>
> And if I remember is right, simics support it.
>
> Thanks,
> Hui

Thanks for your reply. I did some tests and it seems to me that
reverse debugging doesn't work for baremetal targets. My test includes
a ARM Cortex-M3 board running a baremetal program, a gdb server and a
baremetal gdb. The gdb version is:

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6

After I connect to M3 board and run command "record", I got:

Breakpoint 1, main () at main.cpp:24
24 xyz = 0;
(gdb) record
Process record: the current architecture doesn't support record function.
(gdb) show ar
architecture  args          arm
(gdb) show architecture
The target architecture is set automatically (currently arm)
(gdb) n
26 foo ();
(gdb) s
foo () at main.cpp:16
16  xyz = 1;
(gdb) n
17  return bar ();
(gdb) s
bar () at main.cpp:10
10  xyz = 2;
(gdb) reverse-next
Target remote does not support this command.

Am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

BR,
Terry