GDB fast tracepoint query

Hi,

I am trying to do some performance analysis of various dynamic
instrumentation/tracing tools. I started with simple overhead analysis of my
'dummy' test program when traced with fast tracepoints using gdb. If I do not
provide 'actions' after setting a tracepoint, will gdb still pass through the
tracepoint and induce some overhead or its just the same as *not* setting the
fast tracepoint and running a clean test? Is the first instruction at the
tracepoint on foo() modified immediately upon setting the tracepoint using
'ftrace foo'?

Regards,
Suchakra

--