Re: RFC - changes to the test suite

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:57:19 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> So, the first question is -- does anybody care strongly about where the
> files end up?  And, if you do care, why do you care?
>
> I can pretty easily make it so that the files end up in the usual place
> when not running in "parallel" mode.  I don't think this is as good, but
> I could do it if there is an outcry.

If it is easy enough I find it useful.

The reasons are the same why I like in-source-tree-builds.  I have everything
on the same place, no need to <tab>-complete source directory and
<tab>-complete different output directory and still dealing with two
directories while editing sources and checking their output.

This is useful only when running single file by "runtest x/y.exp".
In some batch parallel mode I sure do not mind where the output files end up.

Thanks,
Jan