Re: New ARI web page, generated using script inside CVS tree in gdb/contrib/ari directory

Joel> But perhaps we should also look at possibly importing gnulib's stat
Joel> and sys_wait modules? Not a trivial change in the sense that it could
Joel> be not equivalent to what we have now, and thus have unintended
Joel> consequences; but perhaps worth a shot. I think that gdb_stat.h and
Joel> all other such headers were GDB's own way of doing what gnulib does
Joel> in general.

FWIW I tend to favor more use of gnulib in gdb.  In general I think the
pros outweigh the cons; especially since it seems reasonably easy to get
fixes into gnulib, and because importing a new gnulib snapshot is also
simple.

The pros seem to be -- shared development, good documentation, and
letting the main gdb source use standard headers and standard functions.

I think the primary con is that a gnulib module may have a bug, and then
we have to fix it elsewhere first.  This doesn't seem to be a major
problem.

Tom