Re: Using Py_SetPythonHome

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 20:52:37 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > The right solution would sure be if I could just 'git pull' an update to the
> > assignments database/files.
>
> Who or what prevents you from setting up a git repo on fencepost, or
> asking savannah admins to add copyright.list to their repo, or ...?

 * The GIT repo would have to be used read/write by all its users.
 * GIT may not be welcome at gnu.org so I would have to learn some GNU
   equivalent of GIT.
 * Life is too short to fix every little itch, interactive SSH works somehow.

As a summary from my point of view the relocations do not make sense, I also
I understand you have reasons to keep them, I have already removed these hacks
in Fedora where they IMO do not make sense.  There only still AFAIK remains
a disagreement in what should be the default './configure; make' GDB behavior.
Maybe the current state of all deployments (except non-Fedora GNU/Linux) is OK.

Thanks,
Jan