GDB test suite configuration help

Hi --

I'm trying to configure the gdb test suite for a new
target configuration.   The target is a MIPS board
running Linux and using a NFS mounted root file system.
Connection to the target is through SSH.

I've modified DejaGNU to copy test files to the nfsroot
rather than use SCP, delete from the nfsroot rather than
using SSH to pass a "rm" command, specify a user id for
SSH, and reply to password prompts from SSH from the target.
I'm about to add another function: specify the name of
strip and objcopy similar to the way that the name of
the C compiler is specified.

BTW, SSH public key authentication to the target is not working.

It occurs to me that this should be a common configuration, not
something remarkably new which should need this amount of
tinkering.

Q.  Does someone have a target.exp config file for a similar
    configuration which they can send me?

Q.  Are there configuration options to do some of these
    functions which I've missed?

-- Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com 1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077