Re: GDB and the OpenJDK JVM

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Philippe Waroquiers
<philippe.waroquiers@skynet.be> wrote:
> On google, the keywords 'java debugger interface' points at some
> "standardised" documents (including a "wire protocol") aiming at
> connecting a debugger to a JVM.

That's something completely different - how to talk to the JVM for
bytecode or source level debugging of the code running on the VM.  I'm
talking about debugging the underlying JVM in order to debug native
code such as JNI.

Now, it might be possible to simultaneously control the VM using
ptrace and let enough of it free-run to speak JDWP to it.  It would be
a bit of a trick, though... I wouldn't even raise the idea if non-stop
weren't so far along.

--
Thanks,
Daniel