Re: Extending GDB to provide console over telnet

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Grigory Tolstolytkin
<gtolstolytkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on extending gdb functionality and would like to start a
> discussion since it might be useful for other people too.

you can kind of do this purely with python,

below is a link to a python script which (it only writes to the
network, doesn't read..)
I use it to dump the current source location to some port every time
gdb stops (probably using some patches)...

adding this sort of stuff to .gdbinit
python from misc_gdb import twisted_gdb
# listen on port on 8007.
python twisted_gdb.start(8007)

define hook-stop
python twisted_gdb.dumpCurrentLocation()
end

in theory it'd be simple to read data from the client and
gdb.execute() them, though I believe that anything which queries the
user with a yes/no style confirmation, is going to end up with the
default.

https://gitorious.org/misc-gdb-stuff/misc-gdb-stuff/blobs/master/misc_gdb/twisted_gdb.py