Re: Windows build cookbook

> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 10:19:58 +0800
> From: asmwarrior <asmwarrior@gmail.com>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, gdb@sourceware.org
>
> we have create some pages in
> http://code.google.com/p/qp-gcc/wiki/build_gdb_msys_en (English version)
> and
> http://code.google.com/p/qp-gcc/wiki/build_gdb_msys_cn (Chinese version)
>
> Also, the cross build mingw gdb from linux:
> http://code.google.com/p/qp-gcc/wiki/CrossbuildGDB
>
> also, the official Mingw page:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/GDB/GDB-7.2/
> which contains an instructions to build gdb 7.2 under MSYS.
>
> As a conclusion, no much difficult to build mingw gdb.

Thanks.  I did eventually succeed in the build, but not without
problems, which I believe are due to bugs in MSYS tools, in particular
wrt quoted strings passed to programs.  I will report those problems
to the MSYS list and see what the MSYS developers tell me about that.

Looking at your page, I see the following differences between your
recommended setup and what I used:

 . You use a mingw-w64 version of MSYS, while I used the 32-bit
   version (as my machine is a 32-bit one).

 . You mounted the root directory of the MinGW installation on /mingw,
   while I didn't (I thought the fact that its bin/ subdirectory being
   on PATH will do the job).

I will try to experiment with the latter difference, and see if it
helps.

Thanks for sharing this information.