Re: gdbserver: variable sized breakpoints

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 23:13, Yao Qi wrote:
> On 07/07/2011 10:13 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> gdb itself takes care of this when it's setting breakpoints in
>> bfin_breakpoint_from_pc. ?but gdbserver doesnt seem to have a way to handle
>> this. ?is it already possible ? ?or does the linux_target_ops struct need to
>> be extended ?
>
> gdbserver doesn't have to worry about this. ?gdb is able to send
> breakpoint insn by 'M' packet, IIRC, if remote stub doesn't support 'Z0'
> packet. ?Looks target->insert_point is not defined in bfin gdbserver, so
> 'Z0' packet is not supported. ?Then, gdb can send the right breakpoint
> insn (32-bit or 16-bit) by 'M' packet to remote.

thanks, this sounds like it should work fine for us then as long as
the linux-low code doesnt change :).

in looking at the particular bug we're seeing atm, it seems it's due
to putting the 16bit insn in the 2nd half of the 32bit insn (after not
being able to detect the function prolog) and thus creating a
completely different 32bit insn.  so something is off, but it's not
this issue.
-mike