Re: ARI/Commit rules

   This lead me to think, is it possible to distil this post-commit
   hook script to a user installable script somewhere?  If GDB used
   git as the primary repository we could just make it a pre-commit
   hook, and a user script would not be needed.  But as GDB uses CVS I
   do not think this is possible.

It is possible, just warp the cvs command in a shell script, and
execute the pre-commit hook you wish to do.