Re: GDB and LD_PRELOAD library-call interception

here is a link the the post:
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-05/msg00409.html

I was rather thinking about following the fork()s and exec()s (don't
really know much about tty and pts), so that instead of executing
> $shell -c $wrapper $bin

where GDB has to skip 2 or 3 'exec', we could do something like
> $shell -c xterm -e $bin
where GDB would skip 2 exec, and attach to the child forked by 'xterm'
(or equivalent).

in fact, it could look like an 'set fork-wrapper', because the
debuggee is not 'exec'ed, but forked

I'll give it a try, and come back on the thread if it seems to work
(one way or ther other)

Kevin