Re: Python API questions and use cases

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:

> Joel> This might be a case of missing (or obscure) documentation. Is there a
> Joel> place (other than the C impl.) where I can find documentation for the
> Joel> constructors/inits for the different gdb.XYZ types?
>
> The gdb manual should have full documentation for the Python API.
> I say "should" because we did find an undocumented method once, so it is
> possible that there are others that we missed. ?But by and large the
> manual describes it all.

Ok.

Looking here: http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Values-From-Inferior.html#Values-From-Inferior

 I can't find documentation for the constructor André showed me:
gdb.Value(addr). From my perspective that was something I had looked
for and needed but couldn't find through the current doc. It might be
the case that it is considered implicit, like "everyone knows you can
just create new gdb.Values" but I obviously had to ask here to figure
it out :)

I think this would be a good addition.

Cheers
Joel