Re: Linux Kernel GDB tracepoint module 2010-8-30 release

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 16:56, Steven <mqyoung@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 11:41 +0800, Hui Zhu wrote:
>> BTW, looks GCC and GDB don't want handle the optimization debug
>> trouble (all they want is rewrite the GCC in C++ :P).
>> So I think make linux kernel can close optimization is better idea, do
>> you know some way or some patch to do it?
>>

> Just disable CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE and modify the Makefile of
> kernel:
> KBUILD_CFLAGS ? += -O2
> KBUILD_CFLAGS ? += -O0

Cool,  :)

I try just change the compile option of readdir.c to without -O2, it
works OK.  I think maybe it's a GDB bug too.
Could you try the second issue with gdb 7.2?

BTW, I think I need add some words let all the KGTP user use gdb 7.2
with KGTP in howto.  :)

Thanks for help me with this big issue.  :)

Best,
Hui