Re: backtrace issue on ARM target

Viju,

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 14:12 +0530, viju vincent wrote:
> hi all,
>
>     After applying the GCC patch (ARM stack frame simplification)
>
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-03/msg00697.html
>
> In GDB, i am getting a corrupt stack on ARM target
>
> {{{
> GNU gdb 6.8
[snip]
> }}}
>
> This "backtrace" issue noticed after calling abort function ( *__GI_abort () )
>
> please let me know if there are any patches for GCC/GDB for fixing
> this stack issue for ARM target

GDB 6.8 was released in 2008, and since then many changes have been made
which may fix the problem you are experiencing.

So, please try to reproduce the failure using either the latest released
version of GDB (7.1), or even a version built from current CVS.

If after this you can still reproduce the failure please file a bug
report giving exact details about how to reproduce the failure.

Useful information on how to download the latest version of gdb is here:
http://sourceware.org/gdb/download/.  Instructions on how to file a bug
is here: http://sourceware.org/gdb/bugs/.

Thanks,

Matt