Re: sending CTRL-C to Cygwin gdb 6.8 has no effect

On Friday 23 April 2010 21:25:10, John Cortell wrote:
> cmdline? I.e., if the user hitting CTRL-C in a Windows shell gdb
> session successfully interrupts the target program, why is sending
> the CTRL-C programatically not working? Any thoughts there?

In the latter case, is GDB sharing a console with the inferior?
If not sharing a console (native debugging, that is), newer GDB's
that postdate that patch Joel pointed you at, will catch the
CTRL_C_EVENT themselves, and still try to interrupt the inferior
with DebugBreakProcess.  Older GDB's, like 6.8, do nothing.

With remote debugging, I think sending a ctrl-c to
GDB should work, even in 6.8 (provided there's a console
and GDB does get the CTRL_C_EVENT, or if this is a cygwin gdb,
you sent it a real SIGINT signal).  Did you try it?

--
Pedro Alves